20 Reasons this Summer was AMAZING
It is the last fourteen hours or so before summer break is "officially" over and I am thinking over what an amazing summer I had. Although technically Michigan summers go on a ways into the school year (yay Indian summer!) classes do start for me tomorrow morning at 8:45.
This summer was an absolute BLAST though.
- My brother moved home from his freshman year!!!
- I played at weddings and attended weddings (sometimes it seems like ALL my friends are getting married! It's all good! It's all good!)
- I had big bonfires with lots of amazing friends (granted, we lost a tree and had to watch out for falling branches but it's all in the outdoor experience, right?)
- Had lots of good coffee and saw some great movies
- Boated on my favorite great lake (Michigan, duh!) with family and friends
- Experienced Jesus Christ working in my life and seeing his plan unfold in fantastic ways!
- Had my novel critiqued by a professional editor/writer
- Watched countless webinars with genius status men and women and learned SO MUCH about marketing, publishing, building a brand, a business, etc.!
- Attended the an album release concert in Chicago
- Hiked through the gorgeous Michigan terrain
- Had adventurous photoshoots with new friends an old!
- Recorded a music video
- Started teaching violin lessons
- Got the release date for a movie I was part of last summer
- Swam at dark in clear waters
- Went on long bike rides with my dad, long walks with my mom, and kayak trips (my parents are the best btw. I'm certain my friends come over to hang out with my parents, not me!)
- Spent a week at Camp Harvest with the best cabin of senior girls I could ask for! (the zip line wasn't a bad addition either!)
- Got accepted into a program where I could get my book published and speak at a conference (#goals)
- Enjoyed finding the line (sort of finding it, let's be real;) between working hard and playing hard
- Somehow managed to get a passable tan!
I'm really thankful for the time I had this summer to pour into family, friends, and building my platform.
It was amazing to have time away from classes to learn on my own, explore new places literally and figuratively, and just let myself grow in so many areas.
These are just some of the highlights of my experiences this summer, but I am excited to get back into classes. I'm going to back to the same university (woohoo!), and I'm pumped to see my favorites profs and classmates in the morning, learn new ways to succeed, and use the good ol' method of trial and error much, much more!
I'd love to hear the highlights of your summer! Drop me a comment below -- I'd love to chat!